The network attached storage (NAS) device market is dominated by two manufacturers – Synology and QNAP. Synology are normally our first choice and are widely regarded in the industry as leaders in the market, they tend to be simpler to set up and often require less time to configure.
Plenty Of Power
More than just hard drives in a tiny box these modern devices like the DS920+ are bigger and more powerful and could be described as a mini server as they contain powerful processors with ram and often solid state memory as well as the hard drives.
DiskStation DS920+ Highlights
- Accelerated Application Performance Average | 15% performance boost to photo indexing and other computing-intensive operations, as well as database response time
- Reach Optimal Performance and Capacity with SSD Cache | Built-in M.2 2280 NVMe SSD slots permit cache acceleration without occupying storage drive bays
- Expand Storage with Ease | Flexibly scale up to nine drives to increase storage capacity as demand grows
- Empower Collaboration and Productivity | Build an on-premises, multi-user collaboration
environment with fine-grained control
- Protect and Restore Data in a Snap | Back up critical data and reduce your Recovery Time Objective (RTO) with Snapshot Replication
- Ready to Go Virtualized | Set up and run mainstream virtual machines within your Synology NAS
- Safeguard Your Physical Assets with 24/7 Surveillance | Feature-rich Surveillance Station with user-friendly management tools